Parchment High School
Varsity Mens Tennis
Whitehall Early Bird Invitational
at the Riverview Athletic Club, Grand Rapids
Click HERE to learn the most valuable lesson of your tennis careers!!
#1 Singles 2nd
#2 Singles 1st
#3 Singles 1st
#4 Singles 1st
#1 Doubles 1st
#2 Doubles 1st
#3 Doubles 1st
#4 Doubles 1st
Coach T's comments: I drove to GR to watch some tennis but instead I saw the tennis equivalent of a Mortal Kombat game. Can you say "flawless victory"? Top to bottom P-town looked SWEEEEEEET!! I'm a little worried about the rash of tennis elbow ice bags I saw floating around but other than that all my boys looked TOUGH!! Too bad STATES doesn't start next week (just kidding). But that does raise an interesting point. It's a loooooong season. Everyone needs to stay healthy and stay eligible and take it one match, one set, one point at a time and with a little luck and a lot of continued improvement we can start looking for some state rankings in the next couple months. I saw a lot of great effort and a lot of great "team" attitudes today. Well there was the long straw incident at IHOP (ha) but hey it's a long season. Without some "E" fun we would probably all loose our sanity at some point. So stay loose, have fun, and keep rollin up those W's! I'm out.
FCBi QA Template: arms700x500
What is a Champion?
A Championís Creed...
- Champions get up one more time than they have been knocked down.
- Champions give their all no matter the score.
- Champions do what is right even when it hurts.
- Champions know winning is not necessarily measured by the final score.
- Champions take a stand for what is right, even when they stand alone.
- Champions see every challenge as an opportunity.
- Champions make those around them better.
- Champions do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Champions dedicate themselves to prepare for success.
- Champions put the success of others above individual achievement.
- Champions understand winning is not the only thing.
- Champions live by a higher personal standard.
- Champions stand firm when others around them fall.
- Champions live what they speak and speak what they live.
- Champions lay down their own desires for the benefit of others.
- Champions willingly accept responsibility, and graciously deflect honor.
- Champions never sacrifice what is best for something good.
- Champions may fail...but they never quit.
Comments about anything?Thomas R. Wolf, Jr. <email@example.com>