Parchment High School
Varsity Mens Tennis
Port Huron Invitational
April 22, 2006
Detroit Catholic Central 18
Port Huron Northern 15
Portage Central 12
East Kentwood 11
Traverse City Central 8
Click HERE to learn the most valuable lesson of your tennis careers!!
#1 Singles 1-2
#2 Singles 0-3
#3 Singles 0-3
#4 Singles 1-2
#1 Doubles 1-2
#2 Doubles 2-1
#3 Doubles 1-2
#4 Doubles 1-2
Coach T's comments: Wow! Talk about your long roadtrips. Some of us left Friday night for the 3-1/2 hour trek to Port Huron. Others left Saturday morning at 4 AM. In the end though both groups had a GREAT time. My compliments to the host team, the Port Huron Huskies. Excellent tournament. Excellent competition. Excellent facilities. Nice recovery from the early morning rain. It would have been nice if the 3 sites were a little closer but, hey, that was minor compared to the great workouts everyone got. I know Alex and Nate got some great practice in going 3 sets with all 3 matches. I think that 2nd match 2nd set tiebreaker will be stuck in their beans for a little while as will their TT (trash talking) stylings in the first match (that somehow or another actually resulted in a W). Obviously the Nature Boy, Rick Flair, doesn't have the market cornered on "WOOOOOOOOOO". Regardless, it was a great learning experience. John and Kenny were the only PHS players to leave town above the 500 mark. Congrats boyzz. As with all tourneys, this one came and went with it's usual fair share of hookers (a major Coach T pet peave). It made me feel good though to be able to leave Port Huron knowing that I never saw one PHS player make one bad call. Not one. But that didn't seem to keep several of the Class(less) A squads from working the quick finger more than Julia Roberts works Rodeo Drive. This tourney saw "The Twins" representing PHS at the 2 and 3 singles spots. Thanks for givin' your all guys and good luck with the remainder of your PHS tennis careers. Lob, thanks for bringing "American History X". Sweet movie! Joan and Linda, sorry you got headed south out of the hotel. Time to start the countdown to REGIONALS which means it's time to get our whole squad WHOLE again. Also, congrats to PHS for the #7 ranking in the state. It's a start!! Later. Oh, and Alex is now 14-3.
FCBi QA Template: arms700x500
What is a Champion?
A Championís Creed...
- Champions get up one more time than they have been knocked down.
- Champions give their all no matter the score.
- Champions do what is right even when it hurts.
- Champions know winning is not necessarily measured by the final score.
- Champions take a stand for what is right, even when they stand alone.
- Champions see every challenge as an opportunity.
- Champions make those around them better.
- Champions do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Champions dedicate themselves to prepare for success.
- Champions put the success of others above individual achievement.
- Champions understand winning is not the only thing.
- Champions live by a higher personal standard.
- Champions stand firm when others around them fall.
- Champions live what they speak and speak what they live.
- Champions lay down their own desires for the benefit of others.
- Champions willingly accept responsibility, and graciously deflect honor.
- Champions never sacrifice what is best for something good.
- Champions may fail...but they never quit.
Comments about anything?Thomas R. Wolf, Jr. <email@example.com>