Parchment High School
2004-2005 Parchment Varsity Basketball Game #17 versus G-A
"Richie skys in the paint"
Article from mlive.com:
PARCHMENT 65, GALESBURG-AUGUSTA 53:
At Galesburg, Parchment outscored G-A 20-10 in the third quarter to create enough cushion to cruise. Parchment's guards dominated as Alex Wolf scored 20 and Matt Chappell added 18. "Their quickness was too much for us," G-A coach Mike Woodard said. G-A (7-12, 2-10) was led by Kevin Roe's 14 points. Cory Schug scored 11 and Cory Boersma had 10. Parchment (11-6, 8-2) also received 11 points from Ben Holdridge.
"PJ with the steal and the finish"
* = 3-pointer
"The next generation of P-Town Pride"
Coach T comments: Parchment sandwiched some MC between a double dose of Alex and GA didn't know what hit them. With MC playing a solid game (with the exception of that foul with 1.8 seconds left in the first half) on both ends of the floor, Wolfy starting the second half with about 6 assists in the first 7 possessions, and Big Easy controlling the boards (I'm guessing he had about 10 rebs) GA was never really in the game. I also liked the ball movement on offense and the full court pressure of Ben and Richie. Todd contributed some solid minutes as did Mitch, Zraz, and Craig. And nobody plays with the enthusiasm of the newest varsity player, PJ. Solid solid game by everyone. It was arguably your best game of the year!
"Ben chewing on a Coach B comment"
Kalamazoo Vally Association Leaders (2/15/2005)
POINTS PER GAME
- 1) Derrick Mitchell, Paw Paw 20.1
- 2) Nathan Farrell, Delton 19.6
- 3) Millard Hale, Pennfield 18.3
- 4) Alex Wolf, Parchment 17.0
- 5) Ryan Zwier, K-Christian 14.4
- 6) Austin Patton, Parchment 13.4
- 7) Parresse Hampton, Pennfield 12.9
- 7) Ben Thayer, Hackett 12.9
- 9) Ryan Penny, Pennfield 12.8
- 9) Brandon Link, G-A 12.8
"Alex drops a dime"
3-POINT FIELD GOALS
- 1) Nathan Farrell, Delton 35
- 2) Steve Herder, K-Christian 35
- 3) Millard Hale, Pennfield 26
- 4) Cory Schug, G-A 25
- 5) Ryan Penny, Pennfield 23
- 6) Ben Holdridge, Parchment 19
- 7) Trey Connor, Hackett 18
- 7) Travis Boersma, G-A 18
- 9) Matt Chappell, Parchment 16
- 10) Drew Virkus, K-Christian 15
- 11) Alex Wolf, Parchment 14
- 11) Ryan Zwier, KC 14
- 11) Derrick Mitchell, Paw Paw 14
What is a Champion?
A Championís Creed...
- Champions get up one more time than they have been knocked down.
- Champions give their all no matter the score.
- Champions do what is right even when it hurts.
- Champions know winning is not necessarily measured by the final score.
- Champions take a stand for what is right, even when they stand alone.
- Champions see every challenge as an opportunity.
- Champions make those around them better.
- Champions do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Champions dedicate themselves to prepare for success.
- Champions put the success of others above individual achievement.
- Champions understand winning is not the only thing.
- Champions live by a higher personal standard.
- Champions stand firm when others around them fall.
- Champions live what they speak and speak what they live.
- Champions lay down their own desires for the benefit of others.
- Champions willingly accept responsibility, and graciously deflect honor.
- Champions never sacrifice what is best for something good.
- Champions may fail...but they never quit.
"You want me to run what?"
Comments about anything?Thomas R. Wolf, Jr. <email@example.com>