Parchment High School
2005 Varsity Soccer
Game 4 versus Gobles
Coach T's : Victory number 2 was a sloopy affair. The tri-captains each had a pair of goals and they needed all of them as Gobles strikers were all over the field finding lots of holes in a lathargic Parchment defense. Maybe the gang still had jet lag after their first season victory the day before. Fortunately the offense came in spurts allowing P-town to leave Gobles (yet another community with a NEW school)with an ugly 6-4 victory. Three games in three days (who did this schedule) will find the Panthers in Olivet tommorrow. Good luck fellas as I'll still be a work when the ball is dropped at 5 PM.
"C tallies a goal 20 seconds into the contest"
"How many people does it take to head the ball?"
"Alex with his second header/goal of the year"
"C with his second goal of the half"
"Bon with his second penalty kick goal of the game"
"Bon's corner kick was on target"
"Ross attacks the goal"
"Game, set, match. Another P-town victory."What is a Champion?
A Championís Creed...
- Champions get up one more time than they have been knocked down.
- Champions give their all no matter the score.
- Champions do what is right even when it hurts.
- Champions know winning is not necessarily measured by the final score.
- Champions take a stand for what is right, even when they stand alone.
- Champions see every challenge as an opportunity.
- Champions make those around them better.
- Champions do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Champions dedicate themselves to prepare for success.
- Champions put the success of others above individual achievement.
- Champions understand winning is not the only thing.
- Champions live by a higher personal standard.
- Champions stand firm when others around them fall.
- Champions live what they speak and speak what they live.
- Champions lay down their own desires for the benefit of others.
- Champions willingly accept responsibility, and graciously deflect honor.
- Champions never sacrifice what is best for something good.
- Champions may fail...but they never quit.
Comments about anything?Thomas R. Wolf, Jr. <email@example.com>