Parchment High School
2005 Varsity Soccer
Game 8 versus Gull Lake
Coach T's : The team was smokin!!! Unfortunately the team was Gull Lake. This soccer game kind of reminded me of the old Nintendo game, Mortal Kombat. From the Gull Lake perspective it was a flawless victory. I would like to complement the P-town players on one thing though. They never gave up. Even after falling behind 4-0 the Panthers were still flying all over the field, fearlessly slide tackling much bigger Blue Devil strikers. Their efforts eventually led to a couple nice shots on goal before they were finally able to tallying one goal of their own (to Eric's surprise). All humor aside, I liked the effort and am confident that a similar effort on Wednesday against conference rival GA should result in a Panther W and a Ram L! Go PHS!!
Gull Lake was our first opponent to have ball "girls".
What is a Champion?
A Championís Creed...
- Champions get up one more time than they have been knocked down.
- Champions give their all no matter the score.
- Champions do what is right even when it hurts.
- Champions know winning is not necessarily measured by the final score.
- Champions take a stand for what is right, even when they stand alone.
- Champions see every challenge as an opportunity.
- Champions make those around them better.
- Champions do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Champions dedicate themselves to prepare for success.
- Champions put the success of others above individual achievement.
- Champions understand winning is not the only thing.
- Champions live by a higher personal standard.
- Champions stand firm when others around them fall.
- Champions live what they speak and speak what they live.
- Champions lay down their own desires for the benefit of others.
- Champions willingly accept responsibility, and graciously deflect honor.
- Champions never sacrifice what is best for something good.
- Champions may fail...but they never quit.
Comments about anything?Thomas R. Wolf, Jr. <firstname.lastname@example.org>