Parchment High School
2005 Varsity Soccer
Game 16 vs Comstock
Coach T's : It was obvious from the start of this senior night event that Comstock wasn't going to be embarrassed at their house. They came out strong and played P-town hard all over the very fast field (just ask Alex how his ribs feel). They also played up quite a bit which was a unique style that resulted in 27 off side calls on the Parchment forwards. OK, so maybe it was more like 16 but dang whatever it was it was a lot. In the end though it was Parchment's team play and solid minutes from a host of Panthers that resulted in a well earned 3-1 victory and a double digit win season. Way to go P-town. One more game then it's time to start chanting "STATES, STATES, STATES". Hey, it worked for the basketball team last year so give it a try. Because it's so dark now I've had to revert to throwback pictures! Sorry about that everyone who tuned in hoping to see some game fotogs!
Is that Eric?!
Tell me that's not Bon?!
What is a Champion?
A Championís Creed...
- Champions get up one more time than they have been knocked down.
- Champions give their all no matter the score.
- Champions do what is right even when it hurts.
- Champions know winning is not necessarily measured by the final score.
- Champions take a stand for what is right, even when they stand alone.
- Champions see every challenge as an opportunity.
- Champions make those around them better.
- Champions do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Champions dedicate themselves to prepare for success.
- Champions put the success of others above individual achievement.
- Champions understand winning is not the only thing.
- Champions live by a higher personal standard.
- Champions stand firm when others around them fall.
- Champions live what they speak and speak what they live.
- Champions lay down their own desires for the benefit of others.
- Champions willingly accept responsibility, and graciously deflect honor.
- Champions never sacrifice what is best for something good.
- Champions may fail...but they never quit.
Comments about anything?Thomas R. Wolf, Jr. <email@example.com>